Pages

Thursday, February 27, 2014

This One's for the Girls




Today I have a few girls on my heart. I usually do have a few that I think about. The heavy assault on womanhood is apparent as I watch SO many of my loved ones struggle with things. I just felt like writing this today as sort of like a letter from God to me and all women. This is what I feel like I've heard him saying to me throughout my life. It's a little jumbled and hodgepodge, but it's the thoughts I want to get across.
Hopefully you can take something away from these words.


Dear little misses,
hugs and kisses,
butterfly wishes,
and pink dishes.

You are beautiful.

I see you twirling in your dress,
or playing outside in the tree.
I made you just that way-
an adventurer,
the world to see.

You want to catch the eye,
of any one you can.
You really want your daddy
to come and hold your hand.

Pretty little bitty with your hair all dirty and gritty,
or the pink nail polish on your toes,
as you play with your barbies and clothes.
Little lady,
you're beautiful.
I made you,
and I am the one your heart longs for.

Little daughter,
life is getting harder,
it's easy to feel confused.
Not sure where you fit in
sometimes you feel used.
Not sure who you are just yet,
but you really don't have to search far,
look to the one who made you,
just the way you are.
That is the purpose in your heart
to be my star.

You'll try lots of things
you'll fail at a few,
never forget that I love you,
and what you do doesn't make you YOU.
YOU are what I wanted to make when I looked in the womb,
and I knew that one day your heart still might ache,
as you grew and realized the world is unsafe,
but I'll always be right here.

You're beautiful just as you are,
you don't need makeup,
you don't need to be a star,
just be who you are.

Don't worry about boys
they are mine too.
I've made them completely different from you,
and at this age your heart is too fragile, too new.
Your womanhood too.
One day it will all make sense,
and your love will unfold like a wonderful wish,
and you'll realize that this,
is what it means
to be in love.

But just relax for now,
you're so young,
and you don't
know
how.

To give your heart
and why would you start?
To give it to a child?
Just hold on to the love you have
I feel it for you and I want you to save it.
Save it
for me
for your family
for others
and one day
ONE DAY for a mate.

But a mate will not make you,
teenager,
a mate will not make you happy
or beautiful.
You don't need to force a mate
or a date.
Love will come when you are the right age.
When you're a teen
enjoy your dreams
and one day let your heart go.
But for now hold on to it so.

Don't fret of what you will become
young 21.
Let your life unfold.
Like a beautiful story
yet to be told.
I'm the author and the finisher of a greater plot.
For now be happy that you are my thought.

And I've aligned you just right so just follow me.
One day you'll get to your destiny
and you'll be with me.
And you'll see,
what life was supposed to be.

But little girl
don't worry.
Don't let your heart go crazy!
Give it to me
put it in my hands
my gentle hands
and I will hold it safe.

2 comments:

  1. And myself at her age. It is so crazy how much your perspective changes as you grow older! As a young woman you feel so pressured to fit in, but then when you get older, you want to stand out! And be different. Girls are just crazy! But we have to try to help each other to look to the Lord because he is the only place that your girlish heart can flourish rather than be sucked dry by the things of this earth.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to add? Cool!