Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

I Climbed a Mountain- and I Turned Around




Yesterday I, along with six other women, climbed a mountain. Looking Glass Rock to be exact.



It was exhausting and challenging! 6.4 miles in length. Awesomely fun and definitely something I would recommend.



Any pain we felt trying to get up the mountain was worth it for the view!



You definitely don't realize how small a person actually is until you see mountains like this.



There were fun times had by all. Several stops each way on the trip, since of course, women have to use the bathroom a lot. There was falling, coffee, laughter, music, food, awkward situations that make you laugh, bonding and anything else you can expect to have on a girls trip. It was great!





Thank you to Laura, the fearless leader, who decided to share all of this beauty by inviting us to come on this hike!





I guess this is the part where I introspect about the trip...

It was hard. We moved at a fast pace as there was this mountain lady leading us that climbed like a pro in her fancy boots. I enjoyed challenging my body- since I've been on this new health kick/thing where I actually work out on a regular basis.

There were a lot of times where I didn't want to walk. I just wanted to stop. And take it all in.








It was just all so beautiful. I love beauty in nature. It was also ridiculously quiet! Sometimes it is just nice to get away to a peaceful place. A place untouched by technology and change. Going somewhere where you just feel rugged and connected to the Earth, not so detached and sterile.

On top of the mountain I just couldn't help feeling this feeling... We were describing it as an adrenaline rush/strange sensation of wanting to jump (not in a crazy way, but in an exhilarating way.) The rock slants down and it seems like there isn't much holding you up there.

I think that feeling is just the feeling of being alive. Knowing this is it, you're here. Breathing in and out and knowing that you exist. It feels, like this...






1 comment:

  1. I really REALLY love this! Jessica, you embrace this beautiful world the same way you live your life, full of boundless hope and pure JOY! I have always told you, you bring joy to others and it is so true! You ladies are amazing! Two thumbs up (Ebert reference;) ) I love the one of Laura on the rock... She seems to have the same sweet spirit as you! Adorbs <3

    ReplyDelete

Have something to add? Cool!