Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Don't Worry About a Ting, Ya!

You know the hardest thing about life?

It's that it is both incredibly good,
and incredibly evil.

Incredibly awesome,
yet horribly flawed.

Full of love and beauty,
yet full of pain and suffering.

It's so wonderful and brings you so much joy,
and yet can make you cry so hard.


Life is an interesting phenomenon.
Our lives we live each day, with no real knowledge of the future. Only the past. No idea what tomorrow may hold.

"It's my life, it's now or never. I ain't gonna live forever. I just wanna live while I'm alive." - Bon Jovi

"Life is funny, life's a mess, sometimes a curse, sometimes a blessing." - SheDaisy

"Live and let die." - Paul McCartney

All of us on this Earth know this universal truth: We are here, living life, for an undisclosed amount of years.

Why are we here, what are we doing? Does any of this matter? We know we are alive, but wonder if we are really living. Are we making the most of the time we have here? How can we make sense of life?

The only place I ever find satisfactory answers to these questions we are asking is God's word, A.K.A. The Bible.

Now I'm not just giving you a Sunday school answer. I'm coming from a place of someone who has put the Bible to the side and said, really, WHAT ARE THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS and how in the heck can we ever hope to know? I've thought through the implications of Atheist worldviews and wrestled with the thoughts of what life is like if God isn't really there. Those questions have no answers in a world where the Bible is nonsense. If you throw the Bible to the side in search of answers, you won't find any satisfactory ones.

You'll be told that your longings, passions, dreams, hopes and questions are a random and meaningless result of chemical reactions in your brain. They ultimately have NO answers, so stop asking. Wow. Thanks for the help!

The Bible answers questions and is reliable. The God revealed in the Bible is reliable and true and can give you answers.

So my choice for life is to embrace it as a gift. A gift from somewhere outside of me. Something I have very little control of. So I put my life and all it's twists and turns in the capable hands of Him who gave it and can take it when the time comes. Here are some of the words of Jesus, that I feel are the best ideas on how to live this life.


“That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn’t life more than food, and your body more than clothing? Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are? Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
“And why worry about your clothing? Look at the lilies of the field and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?

“So don’t worry about these things, saying, ‘What will we eat? What will we drink? What will we wear?These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God[d] above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
“So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

Matthew 6:25-34



"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am."

John 14:3



"I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

John 16:33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to add? Cool!