Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

When hard times come



Romans 5

     5 Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us. Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.
When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation. 10 For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. 11 So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.   


     Life can sometimes throw us some pretty sharp curve-balls. We think we have a master plan, that we've got things lined up just so. Then out of no where, something happens that shakes our entire way of thinking. We realize that what we wanted isn't what we have in front of us. Something completely wrong is happening to us  and we can not make any sense of it. 
        Something God is teaching me in a painful way is that we mostly only learn from painful experiences. The times when we are the most broken, the most crushed, those are the times when we truly feel like we need help. We need to be saved. We need a savior. I included the verses above because it is something I'm meditating on daily. I am doing my best to rejoice in this storm I'm going through because I know that God has a plan for all of this. I call it a storm because I know like the ever-changing weather, it will pass. God says in Romans 8:28 (I like Romans) that he causes all things to work together for the good of those that love him. So I know that even in this really uncomfortable time, he is working. He is growing, shaping, teaching, healing, and changing me. He is teaching me about his love and to remember that no matter what comes, he loves me and is a good God, so I can expect good things from him. After all, "he knows the plans he has for me,"..."plans for good and not for disaster, to give me a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:10-12). Just because I don't understand the purpose behind my pain, doesn't mean that there isn't one. I will trust that God is good even when my situation is bad. I will read his word and believe it. I will pray and be broken before him, trusting him to heal me and love me through the difficult times. 


I will find him on my knees.
Check out this video. 
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=find+you+on+my+knees+kari+jobe&oq=find+you+on+my+k&aq=0p&aqi=p-p1g9&aql=&gs_nf=1&gs_l=youtube-psuggest.3.0.35i39j0l9.129.2360.0.3368.16.16.3.0.0.0.151.1306.7j6.13.0.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to add? Cool!