Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I Know He Watches Me




Why should I feel discouraged?
Why should the shadows come?
Why should my heart feel lonely?
And long for heaven and home?

When Jesus is my portion.
A constant friend is he
His eye is on the sparrow
And I know he watches over me

His eye is on the sparrow
And I know he watches me

I sing because I'm happy
I sing because I'm free

His eye is on the sparrow
And I know
he watches me.


As I grow in my knowledge and relationship with Jesus, these words ring ever more true. The only hope for my soul and my heart is found in Jesus.

His word speaks truth and love into a world where there is darkness and pain. Why should I feel discouraged? Why should I weep and feel disheartened when tough times come? Jesus is my portion; my daily bread. A constant friend who loves at all times, heals, restores, forgives, comforts and guides is he. If he watches even the birds, how much more will he watch over me?

I'm so thankful for THE TRUTH of God's word.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to add? Cool!